At Nexus, we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting Nexus’website which includes all contents, web links, emails and other services and information along with the subsequent changes, hereinafter referred to as the “Website” or communicating electronically with us. We promise to respect and safeguard your personal information. We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
The information you supply may be used by the Nexus Group, its employees and Consultants to deal with your enquiry or application. Furthermore, we may also send you Nexus’ electronic newsletters and keep you informed of Nexus’ services or products, which we feel, may be of interest to you by post, telephone, e-mail or other means. Where we use your personal details to tell you about Nexus’ products and services we will give you the opportunity to inform us if you do not wish your details to be used in this way. Additionally, in the event that you do not wish to receive such information and / or do not wish to be contacted by us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating the same.
Nexus Group may make user information available to government authorities if required for the purposes of compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Nexus Group does not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make user information commercially available to any third party without your prior permission.
Your personal information will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of the laws of the relevant jurisdiction. By submitting your information you consent to your information being treated as described herein. Nexus Group is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding security of your information very seriously. Also, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us to prevent unauthorized access.
Please review the “Nexus Online / Client & Consultant Portals / Motor Insurance Purchase” Terms & Conditions below.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – DISCLAIMER
You must make your own decision after taking all facts and information into consideration and having sought your own independent professional advice before making any decisions. Therefore we will not accept any liability for any claims arising as a result of the use of this medium. Furthermore, we reserve the right to make amendments and changes to the information on this “Website” at any time. No part of this “Website” may be copied or reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or be transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without the prior permission of Nexus Insurance Brokers Limited. Furthermore, under no circumstance will Nexus be liable for any feature, function (programming errors, other errors, links, rectification of the errors, updating and / or omissions) and safety (including loss/ damage of any personal data/information, or any loss whether foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise) mechanism built in the “Website”. Nexus Insurance Brokers Limited therefore accepts no liability whatsoever for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of this “Website” or the information. Your access to and use of this “Website”, and these “Terms and Conditions”, are governed by and will be constituted, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the relevant jurisdiction, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute arising from the usage of Nexus’ “Website” shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE courts. In the event that any provision of these terms is held unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected, and the unenforceable provision will be replaced with an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision. The contents of the foregoing provisions shall not limit any specific provisions set out in the individual “Terms and Conditions” of particular products and services offered on or through this “Website”.
Nexus group of companies are registered and regulated as follows:
Nexus Insurance Brokers LLC- regulated by the UAE Insurance Authority under registration number 207 and Commercial license number 583403.
Nexus Insurance Brokers LLC – Abu Dhabi – Registered under Commercial license number: 1005402.
Nexus Financial Services WLL – Kingdom of Bahrain – Registered under Commercial registration number 62254.
Nexus Financial Services WLL – Qatar Financial Centre – Qatar – Authorised by the Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority number 00099.
Nexus Financial Services Insurance Brokers LLC – Kuwait – Authorised by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Registered under License No. 346878.
Nexus Financial Advisers LLC- regulated by the UAE Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA) under SCA License No. 608038
and Commercial License number 794123
Nexus companies are engaged solely in the brokerage of Insurance and Insurance related products and services.
Nexus companies are NOT engaged in any activity whatsoever except those activities expressly described on the “Website”. If you have any doubt about the products and services that you may have been offered, please ensure that you enquire with Nexus Compliance Department Compliance@nexusadvice.com in writing.
Nexus Tax Registration Number (TRN) is: 100024547000003 (VAT U.A.E)
“NEXUS ONLINE / CLIENT & CONSULTANT PORTALS” TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Nexus Advise / Nexus Online / Client and Consultant Portals, hereinafter referred to as the “Portal” which is deemed to also include the Software. These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) together with any additional terms and conditions applicable to any of the products (“Policy Terms”) offered by the different insurance companies (“Products”) under a contract of insurance between the insurance companies and the policy owner (“Policy”) govern how you may access, browse and use the Portal or any of the Products and services offered through the Portal and covered by these Terms and Conditions that Nexus would make available from time to time through the Portal enabling you and to gain access to information and where permitted to input data or where applicable request action by Nexus.
By: (a) creating a unique username (“Username”) used by you to gain access to your individual Portal account (“the Portal Account”) and a secret word or string of characters chosen by you that is used for authentication (“Password”), to prove identity and to gain access to your the Portal Account; (b) accessing, browsing, inputting data, submitting material to or otherwise using the Portal in any way and via whatever device; or (c) registering your details with us to access certain areas of the Portal, you are entering into a legally binding agreement between you and the relevant entity from the Nexus Group of companies (Nexus Insurance Brokers LLC & Nexus Financial Services WLL & Nexus Financial Services QFCRA Branch & Nexus Financial Services (Insurance Brokers) L.L.C) as may be applicable to you (“Nexus”) therefore acknowledging that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions under which the Portal may be used and that furthermore, you are subject to the data protection laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in which the Nexus entity that is relevant to you is established.
The Portal is operated by or on behalf of the relevant entity in the Nexus Group of companies (Nexus Insurance Brokers LLC / Nexus Financial Services WLL / Nexus Financial Services QFCRA Branch / Nexus Financial Services (Insurance Brokers) L.L.C) and its affiliates (“we” or “our”). You can find the details of all the entities in the Nexus Group of companies at the end of this document. For the avoidance of doubt; i) words denoting the singular will include the plural and vice versa and words denoting one gender will include all other genders, ii) headings in these Terms and Conditions are for ease of reference only and will not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions nor have any legal or contractual effect and iii) the services and these Terms and Conditions have been designed to apply to different types of Products and users therefore some of these Terms and Conditions may not apply to you.
• To use the service provided by the Portal (“Service”)you must be registered by Nexus.
• To enable you to gain access to the Portal, you will require a Username and a Password.
• The Password together with your Username identifies you.
• To register for the Service you will be required to hold and provide Nexus with a valid email address that has been registered with Nexus previously as this is the only email that would be recognized and accepted by the system. Nexus recommends that you use a secure email address that is only accessed by you. Should you choose to use an email address that is not secure, please note that this is done at your own risk. Nexus will use the email address provided by you when resetting your Password and for sending other important information about your User Account.
• For security reasons Nexus may at it’s sole and absolute discretion lock your User Account without giving prior notice.
• Nexus may establish other security procedures at Nexus’s sole and absolute discretion.
• You agree to keep any security details, including Password, safe and not disclose your Password to anyone else. Nexus recommends that you regularly change your Password to optimise the security of the Service. Furthermore, you will advise Nexus immediately if you know, believe or suspect that your security has or may have been breached. Nexus will not be responsible for any information incorrectly disclosed or anything acted on, which is requested in writing, by telephone or on the Portal unless you have previously advised Nexus of a breach or suspected breach of security and Nexus has acknowledged your communication which Nexus will do within a reasonable time.
• You will be responsible for testing all downloaded data and Software for viruses, malware’s, add-wares, spyware, ransomware or other dis-enabling or damaging software. Nexus will not have any liability whatsoever for loss of or damage to data or any software arising in any way whatsoever from the downloading or use of data or Software from the Portal.
• Please be aware that at times fraudulent emails may be circulating purporting to be from Nexus. Please note that Nexus cannot be held responsible for this in any way whatsoever.
• Please remember Nexus NEVER asks customers to enter their log-in details through email.
o DO contact Nexus if you receive a fraudulent email.
o DO contact Nexus if you see any suspicious activity when using the Portal.
o DO NOT respond to an unsolicited email asking you to click on a link.
o DO NOT open ANY attachments within any email purporting to be from the Portal.
o DO NOT give out ANY personal or security details including but not limited to your Password.
• You must inform Nexus immediately of any change to your or as the case may be your clients’ name, address, telephone number, email address or any other relevant details. In the event that you fail to advise Nexus of the change of contact details referred to in this clause, Nexus will not be held liable for information not reaching its intended recipients any disclosure by Nexus of information using previous held contact details provided by you.
• You may request information from Nexus and Nexus may release information to you either in writing, including email, by telephone or via the Portal (where applicable).
• Regardless of anything else in these Terms and Conditions, Nexus reserve the right (in our absolute discretion) to refuse to provide any information if Nexus have reason to believe that:
o It is not you requesting the information;
o The instructions from you are unclear; or
o Such disclosure of information may cause Nexus to breach any contractual duty, law or other obligation.
• Nexus may make available all or part of the information to you on the Portal. You may, where the functionality exists, use the Portal to supply information to Nexus, or to ask Nexus to make changes to your information or Policies subject to the Policy Terms. No change will be considered effective unless valid and accurate instructions have been received.
• You acknowledge that illustrated funds, Policies or any statements made available on the Portal may be withdrawn or modified, as provided for in the Policy Terms and Conditions.
• You may print such pages from the Portal which you are permitted to access provided that you comply with the provisions set out in these Terms & Conditions.
• You agree that when you access the information on the Portal and / or use the Services you do so at your own risk and you acknowledge that, regardless of any security procedures put in place by Nexus, in accessing the Portal, information may be at risk of being accessed by other unauthorized persons.
• You acknowledge that the information accessible via the Portal may not be available at all times.
• You agree to access and use the Service in compliance with all the applicable laws and regulations of any jurisdiction that may apply to the use of the Portal.
• You acknowledge responsibility for ensuring that the Service is used in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. If Nexus forms a reasonable opinion that these Terms and Conditions have been breached, then Nexus may either:
o Suspend or terminate the Service without notice; and/or
o Block access to any part of the Service provided.
ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION, SUITABILITY AND SOFTWARE DEFECTS
THIRD PARTY SITES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Products and services offered by the different insurance companies (“Third Party Products and Services”) marketed and distributed by Nexus or offered by Nexus through the Portal are available only at the discretion of such third parties and Nexus subject to the Third Party Products and Services’ individual terms and conditions based on which they are offered as well as Nexus’s Terms and Conditions. Such Third Party Products and Services may be withdrawn or amended at any time without any notice and the full range of Third Party Products and Services may not be available in all jurisdictions. Where we provide hypertext links to other locations on the Internet, we do so for convenience and information purposes only. Nexus has not verified, and is not responsible for, the content of any third party websites or pages linked to or linking to the Portal including any sites or pages of Nexus and therefore, Nexus does not warrant or represent that any information contained on a third party website that may be linked to the Portal via a hyperlink or any other link, is accurate, correct, complete or reliable. The inclusion of any link does not imply an endorsement, approval or recommendation of the linked third party website or its content by Nexus and, subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Nexus makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, regarding the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any Products or services available through a third-party website. Following links to any third party websites or pages is entirely at your own risk and Nexus shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or expenses arising or in any other way connected with such linkage. You should use such websites in accordance with the terms and conditions of the website being entered.
DATA PROTECTION, DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SECURITY
Nexus reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to terminate your Agreement and access to the Portal at any time, with or without cause or notice. Nexus reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to change without prior warning or notice any information or material on the Portal including but not limited to the Terms and Conditions and we encourage you to revisit these Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure that you are at all times fully aware of them. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Portal. Your continued use of the Portal constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions and all such changes.
You may reproduce this information in hard copy solely for your personal use. The information may not be reproduced, distributed or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into other publications or materials.
All contents of the Portal including, but not limited to the text, graphics, links and sounds are the copyright of Nexus (“Contents”) and may not be copied, downloaded, adapted, distributed or published in any way without the prior written consent of Nexus. All Contents on the Portal (including information and its arrangement) are owned by or licensed to Nexus.
In relation to any information or materials which you submit to Nexus using the Portal, you hereby grant Nexus a worldwide royalty-free perpetual license of the copyright and intellectual property rights in such information or materials for any purpose Nexus deems appropriate including, without limitation, the copying, transmission, distribution and publication thereof, unless restricted by applicable law. Nothing contained on the Portal should be construed as granting any license or right of use of any trademark displayed on the Portal without the express prior written consent from Nexus.
While accessing, browsing and/or using the Portal you must:
For the avoidance of doubt, Nexus shall have sole discretion as to whether any material is in breach of this clause and the Terms and Conditions.
For the avoidance of doubt, in such circumstances all liability with respect to Nexus, its affiliates, directors, employees or other representatives for any loss whatsoever arising from our removing or editing Content and/or your limitation or inability to use the Portal (either in whole or in part), email services and/or password is excluded.
You agree that Nexus shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any such information or materials submitted to it using the Portal unless agreed otherwise in a separate contract between you and Nexus or required by law.
You acknowledge that the contents of the foregoing provisions shall not limit any specific provisions set out in the individual terms and conditions of particular Third Party Products and Services offered on or through the Portal.
Nexus reserves all rights not expressly granted under these Terms and Conditions, and no other rights are granted by interpretation, implication, estoppel or otherwise.
• Any contractual or legal relationship between you and Nexus will be concluded in English.
• All notices shall be given in writing to Nexus or to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide during the registration process, if any. Notice will be deemed to have been received 24 hours after e- mail is sent or 3 days after the date of posting.
• These Terms and Conditions, together with any variations to them, form the entire agreement between the parties concerning your access to, browsing and/or use of the Portal and supersede all prior agreements, arrangements, understandings and representations made between us, whether written or oral, concerning the Portal.
• Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to or shall operate to create a partnership or joint venture of any kind between us or to authorize either of us to act as agent for the other, and neither of us shall have authority to act in the name or on behalf of or otherwise to bind the other in any way including but not limited to the making of any representation or warranty, the assumption of any obligation or liability and the exercise of any right or power.
• You agree not to make any public statements that assert or imply any relationship with Nexus unless you have Nexus’s prior written approval.
• If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or inapplicable, the court should nevertheless endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
• Nexus’ failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. No waiver by Nexus of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
• These Terms and Conditions are fully assignable by Nexus and will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of our successors and assigns.
• No waiver by Nexus of any breach of these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other prior or subsequent breach and Nexus shall not be affected by any delay, failure or omission to enforce or express forbearance granted in respect of any of your obligations.
• The rights and remedies available to Nexus under these Terms and Conditions are independent, cumulative and without prejudice to its rights under the law.
• Where the facility is made available to you on the Portal, you may send material (including, without limitation, text, photographs or other images, audio material, films or other moving images) to us required for processing your application. When you send any materials to us for publication on the Portal, you do so in accordance with these Terms and Conditions including, in particular, the following:
o You grant Nexus a royalty free, worldwide, perpetual and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publish, syndicate, sub-license and transmit the whole or any part of such material, including without limitation any of the information, details, ideas, concepts and/or formats contained within it, in any manner and in any format and/or media, including, without limitation, archiving and making such material available on the Portal;
o Publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to edit or otherwise amend such materials prior to publication;
o You agree that we may (at our discretion) disclose your identity to any third party
o You warrant to us that any material you submit to us belongs to you and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights;
o You warrant that the material you submit is not: obscene, threatening, menacing, offensive, defamatory, abusive, likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, in breach of confidence or any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, copyright) or otherwise in breach of or violating any applicable law or regulation or code;
o You acknowledge that any breach of the warranties set out above may cause Nexus damage or loss and you agree to indemnify Nexus in full and immediately on demand against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage Nexus might incur as a result of publishing material you submit to Nexus, including consequential losses; and you waive any moral rights in all material that you submit.
• Except as stated below, all copyright and other intellectual property rights that may exist in or over the information, the method of disclosure (including the use of Software in downloading such information via the Portal) and the presentation of it (including trademarks, logos, etc.) are Nexus’ exclusive property or licensed to Nexus.
• You may not copy, reproduce, republish or disclose all or any of the information received from Nexus by whatever method without our express prior written approval.
• You may not copy, reproduce, republish, transfer to any other medium or use or adapt or modify, rent, lease, lend or purport to assign the Software or any part of it downloaded from the Portal, other than in a way contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, without Nexus’ express prior written approval.
• Subject to the other provision of these Terms and Conditions, Nexus give you permission to download or retrieve information from the Portal provided that such information will not be relied on and will be used only for information purposes only with respect to your personal activities and that you lawfully access the information concerned.
• You may not use, copy, modify, distribute, or reverse engineer any intellectual property licensed to or owned by Nexus contained in or accessed through the Portal, except as expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
• Whilst you acknowledge that we do not necessarily pre-screen any material that you have submitted to the Portal, we reserve the right to remove, at any time and without reason or prior notice or any liability to you, any material that you have submitted. Furthermore, we reserve the right (but not the obligation) to monitor any communications that are made via the Portal and you hereby consent to any such monitoring.
These Terms and Conditions contain the entire agreement between you and Nexus and supersede all previous agreements and understanding made between the parties in relation to the Service. If you access the Portal jointly with another person or persons, your liability will be joint and several. You will indemnify and keep Nexus indemnified against any claims, liability, loss, damage or expenses incurred by Nexus arising from or in connection with any breach by you of your obligations or warranties to Nexus under these Terms and Conditions.
Any insurance or investment Products or services detailed on the Portal are subject to the legal and regulatory requirements applicable in the jurisdiction in which you first purchased that specific Product. Any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that jurisdiction. Products or Services may not be available in all jurisdictions. These Terms and Conditions are governed by laws of the jurisdiction in which you first purchased that specific Product. and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the jurisdiction in which you first purchased that specific Product.
The Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. By browsing this Portal you acknowledge and agree to Nexus’ processing of personal information in this way. Nexus accept no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet.
The collection of personal information online is designed to assist Nexus in providing you with the Third Party Products and Services you want and need. All personal information collected and stored by Nexus is used for specific business purposes to protect and administer your accounts and transactions, to comply with the relevant laws and regulations, and to help Nexus better understand your needs in order to design or improve Nexus’ Products and services. Once received by Nexus, only Nexus’s approved personnel may open and process the application. In addition, Nexus requires all third parties with a business need to access this information to adhere to similar and equally stringent privacy policies. Personal information may be supplied to a third party in order to process customer transactions; if the customer requests it; the disclosure is required or allowed by law (i.e. exchange of information with reputable reporting agencies, subpoena, or the investigation of fraudulent activity, etc.); or in conjunction with joint marketing agreements we have entered into. Nexus does not provide account or personal information to other companies for the purpose of independent telemarketing or mail marketing of any non-financial Products or services of those companies. Unless restricted by applicable law, you agree that any and all personal information/data relating to you and collected by Nexus from this Portal from time to time may be used and disclosed for such purposes and to such persons as may be required by Nexus and in accordance with Nexus’s prevailing information technology security policy. Nexus will treat your personal information as confidential but we may share it within the Nexus group of companies and we can disclose it outside Nexus’s group of companies if:
• it is needed by Nexus’ agents, advisors or others involved in running accounts and providing services to you
• or for collecting what you owe with respect to your Policies and our Services;
• the law or public interest permits or requires it;
• required by us or others to investigate or prevent crime;
• we need to provide it to a third party in anticipation of or following a sale, merger of the whole or any part of the Nexus group companies and / or in the course of a joint venture.
As per privacy protection and information security policy, Nexus never requests its customers to disclose the credit card information, user ID, login and transaction passwords or any such information through e-mails. Any e-mail or written communication received by the customer, which appears to have been sent from Nexus seeking a customer’s personal and confidential information, should not be answered and Nexus should be advised.
The Portal is available subject to the Terms and Conditions governing the use of the Portal and such services may be withdrawn or amended at any time without notice. You are required to abide by the Terms and Conditions governing access to the Portal. By accessing the Portal you indicate your acknowledgement and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions relating to the Portal, do not access and use the Portal.
The information and/or any other data on the Portal are provided for general information purposes and is subject to Policy Terms applicable to any such Product or service. The information on the Portal does not constitute financial advice and you should not treat any of the information provided or the use or the result of using any of the services on the Portal as a recommendation of any particular Product or service or that such Product or service is suitable for your own circumstances. If you require financial advice please consult your Nexus independent financial adviser.
Nexus makes no representation or warranty of any kind, express, implied or statutory regarding the Portal or the materials and information contained or referred to on each page of the Portal. Nexus accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from action taken, or not taken, in reliance on material or information contained on the Portal. In particular, no warranty is given that the information, material or data is accurate, reliable or up to date. The data and information do not constitute specific advice but are for information purposes only.
Nexus accepts no liability and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly (including special, incidental or consequential loss or damage) from your use of the Portal, howsoever arising, and including any loss, damage or expense arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with the Portal, its Contents or associated services, or due to any unavailability of the Portal or any part thereof or any Contents or associated services. Nexus does not warrant that the Portal, any online tools, software, information, Content or online services will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of accuracy, completeness, reliability, performance or quality.
Any hyperlinks from the Portal exist for convenience only. Nexus accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly (including consequential loss) from the accuracy or otherwise of materials or information contained on the pages of such links or loss arising directly or indirectly from defects with such links. The sources of data in many cases is not Nexus, therefore such data may not be accurate. Nexus expressly disclaim all express and implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. While we take all reasonable precautions to prevent this, we do not warrant that the Portal or any software is free of viruses, malware’s, add-wares, spyware, ransomware or destructive code. Nexus’s inclusion of hyperlinks does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites. Nexus does not guarantee that any e-mail from the Portal will be sent to you or received by Nexus nor does Nexus warrant the privacy and/or security of e-mails during Internet transmission. The Internet connection may not be a secure form of transmitting data.
Not all the Services described in the Portal are available in all geographical areas and you may not be eligible for all the Services described. Eligibility for any such Services will be at the discretion of Nexus, subject to applicable criteria and Nexus’s Terms and Conditions. All Contents of the Portal including, but not limited to the text, graphics, links and sounds are the copyright of Nexus and may not be copied, downloaded, distributed or published in any way without the prior written consent of Nexus.
Nexus does not guarantee the safety of any transaction on the Portal nor does Nexus warrant the privacy and/or security of transactions during Internet transmission. The Internet connection may not be a secure form of transmitting data and executing financial transactions.
Without derogating from the generality of the above, Nexus will not be liable for:
• any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of the Portal or online services, Nexus’ systems, databases or any of its components, for whatever reason;
• any loss or damage arising from your orders, decisions, purchases or disposal of goods and services, including but not limited to financial instruments, from third parties, based on the information provided on the Portal;
• any loss or damage with regard to customer data or other data directly or indirectly caused by malfunction of Nexus’ system, third-party systems, power failures, unlawful access to or theft of data, computer viruses, malware’s, add-wares, spyware, ransomware or destructive code on Nexus’ system or third-party systems; programming defects or negligence on Nexus’ part;
• any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of goods or services provided by third parties, including, without limitation, third-party systems such as the public switched telecommunication service providers, internet service providers, electricity suppliers, local authorities and certification authorities;
• any event over which we have no control.
The Portal complies with the prevailing laws and regulatory requirements applicable in the jurisdiction in
which you are located. In the UAE the Portal complies with the prevailing laws of the UAE, as applicable. Nexus controls and maintains the Portal from the UAE and Nexus makes no representation that the material and information contained is appropriate or available for use in other locations/jurisdictions.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
All information and/or data on the Portal is provided on an “as is” basis. No representations, warranties of any kind are made in respect of the Portal or the Content.
The information and/or data on the Portal is provided by Nexus and Nexus’ data providers for your general information only and use and is not intended for trading purposes or to address your particular financial or other requirements. In particular, the information and/or data on the Portal:
• does not constitute any form of advice (investment, tax, legal or otherwise); and
• does not constitute any inducement, invitation or recommendation relating to any of the Products listed or referred to in the Portal; and
• is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining to make) any specific investment or other decisions.
You expressly agree not to use this Portal in any manner or for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. In addition, you expressly agree not to:
APPROPRIATE EXPERT INDEPENDENT ADVICE SHOULD BE OBTAINED BEFORE MAKING ANY INVESTMENT OR OTHER DECISIONS.
Neither Nexus nor any of its data providers or affiliates gives any warranty or guarantee relating to availability of the Portal or that the Portal and/or Nexus’ operation of it, the Content or the server that makes the Portal available are error or viruses, malware’s, add-wares, spyware, ransomware free or free of other harmful components or that your use of the Portal and/or the Content will be uninterrupted.
You agree that Nexus, its directors, employees, agents or other representatives, data providers or affiliates will not be responsible or liable (whether in contract, tort or otherwise), under any circumstances for any amount or kind of loss or damage (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any anticipated loss of profit, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of data, costs and fines and/or any special or incidental damages of any kind) that may result to you or a third party arising from or connected in any way to:
Nexus may also use the personal information you provide or which we collect via this Portal for the
• providing you with services which you have requested and notifying you about important changes or developments to these services;
• updating Nexus’ records that relate to you;
• crime detection, prevention and prosecution;
• responding to your inquiries and complaints or to process your requests in relation to your information;
• administering offers, competitions and other promotions;
• evaluating the effectiveness of Nexus’ marketing and for research, training and statistical analysis with the aim of improving Nexus’ services; and
• making the Portal easier for you to use and providing you with access to certain parts of the Portal.
Nexus may also contact you about Third Party Products and Services available from Nexus, and from selected companies outside the Nexus group of companies, which we believe may interest you or benefit you. Nexus may do this by post or by phone unless you have told us not to; and by email, text or other electronic means if you have told us that we can or as otherwise allowed by law. You may tell us at any time if you change your mind.
Nexus may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communications we have with you for training purposes, so that we can check any instructions given to us, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of Nexus’ customer service.
By using the Portal you consent to us using your personal information for the purposes described above. Please note that we do not store your credit card number in Nexus’ company database. Online credit card transactions are conducted through a secure payment gateway hosted on a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) enabled and trusted site.
Nexus may run your accounts and provide other services from centers outside the UAE that do not have the same standard of data protection laws as the UAE.
You are responsible for informing us that your personal details have changed: for example, a change of address or to your title. You can do this by logging onto and visiting your personal account / profile page on the Portal, or by email inside the Portal system.
MOTOR INSURANCE PURCHASE TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS IMPORTANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“T&C”) WHICH GOVERN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH NEXUS INSURANCE BROKERS LLC (“NEXUS’) ANY TRANSACTIONS YOU CARRY OUT THROUGH NEXUS EITHER THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER CHANNEL AS WELL AS YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. THEREFORE, IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THESE T&Cs CAREFULLY AND ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THEM BEFORE PROCEEDING TO ENTER INTO AND / OR COMPLETE ANY TRANSACTION THROUGH NEXUS.
These terms and conditions form an integral part of the legal agreement entered into between You (hereinafter interchangeably referred to as the “Purchaser” and / or “You”) and Nexus as defined below, and shall apply to any transaction performed through this website https://www.nexusadvice.com/legal (“Website”) including but not limited to the purchase of any insurance products.
In this agreement unless the context indicates otherwise:
“Nexus” means Nexus Insurance Brokers LLC, an Insurance Brokerage company organized and existing under the laws of the United Arab Emirates, registered under the Department of Economic Development trade license number 583403 and the Insurance Authority registration no. 207 and having its offices at Office 402, Building No.1, Emaar Square, Down Town, P.O. Box: 124422, Dubai, U.A.E.;
“Insurance Policy” means any insurance policy available through the Website;
“Insurance Provider” means an insurance company whose insurance Quotes are included on the Website.
“Purchase” means the act of buying an Insurance Policy through the Website.
“Purchaser” means any company person or persons, jointly and severally, who are purchasing insurance products through the Website.
“Quote” means non-binding indicative premium figures provided by the Insurance Provider to Nexus based on the Information provided by You.
“Website” means the website of Nexus, www.nexusadvice.com
Nexus shall facilitate the sale to the Purchaser of the Insurance Policies selected by the Purchaser through the Website.
In addition to T&Cs, the terms and conditions of the Insurance Provider supplying the Insurance Policy will apply to any Insurance Policy purchased through the Website by the Purchaser.
By purchasing an Insurance Policy through this Website, the Purchaser acknowledges having read and understood the Insurance Provider’s terms and conditions applicable to such Insurance Policy as well as the Nexus T&Cs.
Any information regarding an Insurance Policy presented on the Website is for information purposes only. The Purchaser should rely solely on the Insurance Provider’s terms and conditions in respect of any Insurance Policy, since the Insurance Provider’s terms and conditions will apply to and govern the Insurance Policy and the Purchaser’s insurance coverage.
All purchases made through the Website shall be legally binding.
You MAY OR MAY NOT be able to cancel or terminate your Insurance Policy purchased through the Website, subject to the applicable terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy and the Insurance Company. If you wish to cancel or terminate a policy, please ensure that you follow the instruction set out in the applicable terms and conditions of the Insurance Policy and the Insurance Company and provide a written request to the Insurance Company and Nexus.
Nexus through the Website is acting as an intermediary between the Purchaser and the Insurance Provider. Neither the Website nor Nexus make any recommendation with respect to the suitability of any Insurance Policy, and any decision to purchase a particular Insurance Policy shall be the Purchaser’s sole responsibility. Therefore, the Purchaser hereby releases, to the full extent permitted by the law, and agrees not to hold Nexus or any of its shareholders, principals, officers, employees or agents liable with respect to any losses or damages whatsoever suffered by the Purchaser as a result of using the Website.
By using this Website to purchase an Insurance Policy, the Purchaser represents and warrants as follows:
The Purchaser must inform Nexus immediately in writing if any of the information stated in their quotation is incorrect. Failure to do so may invalidate the Quote and any subsequent policy issued. Since no set of questions can be exhaustive, please consider carefully whether there is any other material information known to You which could influence your Insurance Provider’s assessment and acceptance of the risk. Material information would include but not limited to any special feature of the car, use, driver’s history or anything relating to the Purchase.
Nexus reserve the right to ask for any additional information with respect to any request by the Purchaser for a Quote. Furthermore, the Insurance Provider and Nexus reserve the right to alter, withdraw or decline any Quote provided to the Client. For the avoidance of doubt a Quote is not binding until the purchase has been completed, payment has been received by the Insurance Provider and the Insurance Policy has been issued and delivered to the Purchaser. Furthermore, the Insurance Policy will not commence until the Insurance Provider has issued a Certificate of Motor Insurance and delivered it to the Purchaser. The issuance of an Insurance Policy and effectiveness of cover by Insurance Provider is subject to payment of the insurance premium by the Purchaser and subject to the terms and condition of the Insurance Provider.
All payments in relation to an Insurance Policy purchased by the Purchaser are due on demand. All charges payable by the Purchaser shall be payable to the Insurance Provider.
The Purchaser will not be entitled to set-off or withhold payment of any amounts due in terms of this agreement for any reason whatsoever.
It shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser to retain a copy of transaction records as well as a copy of the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement.
All documents relating to an Insurance Policy purchased by the Purchaser, including but not limited to the Insurance Policy, shall be delivered to the Purchaser by email and/or by registered mail.
Neither Nexus nor any of its shareholders, principals, directors, officers, employees, service providers or agents shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from the purchase by the Purchaser of any Insurance Policy through the Website.
Nexus, its shareholders, principals, directors, officers, employees, affiliates or agents are accordingly indemnified by the Purchaser against any claim of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising from any damages or loss suffered by the Purchaser which might be instituted against Nexus, its shareholders, principals, directors, officers, employees, affiliates or agents arising from or connected with or pursuant to the purchase of any Insurance Policy under this agreement or through the Website.
This document contains the entire agreement between the parties regarding the matters contained herein and no party shall be bound by any undertakings, representations, warranties, promises or the like that is not recorded in writing.
If any provision of this agreement is found by a court of law to be invalid or void such provision will be severed from the agreement, without affecting the remainder of the provisions hereof.
The terms, covenants, representations, warranties, and conditions of the T&Cs may be waived only by a written instrument executed by the Person waiving compliance. The failure of either party at any time or times to require performance of any provision of the T&Cs shall in no manner affect the right at a later date to enforce the same. No waiver by either party of any condition or the breach of any provision, term, covenant, representation, or warranty contained in the T&Cs, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, shall be deemed to be or construed as a further or continuing waiver of any such condition or of the breach of any other provision, term, covenant, representation, or warranty of the T&Cs.
This agreement and all matters or disputes arising there from or incidental thereto shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Arab Emirates. Both parties hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Arab Emirates with respect to any disputes arising out of this agreement.