Associate Level Compliance Officer
The Compliance Officer (CO) has responsibility for the execution and oversight of Nexus’s compliance programs related to anti-money laundering (AML) and economic and trade sanctions (Sanctions.) covering all business lines. In addition, you will be working closely and collaboratively with business management and the functions to facilitate the smooth operation of the business. The role requires technical expertise and substantive knowledge of Compliance regulations as well as a solid understanding of life insurance operations in the UAE.
The CO will be working closely with the Director of Compliance and senior management to ensure that the Compliance program is effectively implemented, with a focus on policies and training whilst providing appropriate guidance and challenge needed to drive a strong and effective Compliance program.
- Perform day to day compliance oversight of new and existing cases, monitoring of regulatory developments and involvement in the vetting and oversight of third parties.
- Stay abreast of changes in the regulatory environment and help analyze the business impact of Compliance-related regulatory changes.
- Support operations in their implementation of Compliance policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide support during Compliance-related risk assessments, Internal Audit reviews, and regulatory examinations.
- Develop and deliver relevant Compliance training in collaboration with the Training & Development department.
- Collaborate with the Legal, Operations and other functions on policies, practices, incident response and investigations.
- Actively participate in execution of all elements of the Compliance program.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills Required:
- 2+ years of compliance experience in financial services or insurance).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to develop relationships with senior management, sales force and clients.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with other functional leads, to create a supportive and seamless compliance culture.
- Experience in handling Compliance investigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated, self-motivated individual with an ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- High degree of professionalism, sound judgment and discretion, including the ability to manage confidential information in a professional manner.
- Industry related certifications (ACAMs).
Nexus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of Nexus to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.