Home Insurance

At Nexus, we are committed to helping you find the most suitable home insurance at the best value.

Home Insurance Explained

It’s something that everybody needs, but no one likes to think about it.  With so many different options and benefits available, it can be difficult to navigate the best and most suitable cover for yourself.

The good news is that Nexus works with you to remove the stress in finding the right insurance while getting you the best deal.

Our advisors and support team can assist you with all the application details and procedures. We source insurance plans that are tailored to meet your specific requirements.

Your property is perhaps your single biggest asset and therefore it is essential to protect it.  We could fit door locks, smoke detectors, and burglar alarms, but while they’ll help protect your home, they won’t benefit you if the worst happens.

A comprehensive home insurance policy can protect your property and your belongings.

Contact Us

Our Home Insurance Providers

Love Life

Although most people strive to live their lives in a meaningfully, we can be overwhelmed by commitments.

International Brands

Both our personal and corporate clients demand services from globally recognized brands that ensure complete peace of mind.

In Safe Hands with Nexus

As the leading insurance brokerage in the region, we are focused on satisfying you with the best advice & value offers.

Why You Need a Home and Home Contents Insurance?

It is a worthwhile exercise to list the value of every item in your home; most people have no idea how much they spent furnishing their home, buying appliances, decorating the rooms, filling the closets with beautiful clothing, shoes or accessories and you will be surprised by how much it would cost to replace everything you own at home if the worst were to happen.  Therefore, it is vital to protect yourself against the financial impact in the event of your home getting damaged or destroyed. 

Most banks or mortgage providers require building insurance as a part of your contract and should you not comply, your mortgage might be at risk.

Different Types of Home Insurance

Home Insurance can be divided into three main types:

Building Insurance

Building insurance covers the cost of repairs of the rebuilding of the main structure of your property. It normally includes the roof, walls, and windows; it can (depending on the policy) include fixtures like fitted kitchens, bathrooms, and tiled flooring.  In general, it should cover the cost of rebuilding from the ground up. Building insurance should cover damage or loss by way of:

  • Fire, smoke & water damage
  • Collisions by vehicles
  • Natural disasters such as storms and floods
It is important to remember that the insured amount may differ from the market value of your property, as it should include costs such as demolition, site clearance, internal finishes etc.  Nexus can offer the best advice to ensure you get the right amount of cover.
Contents Insurance

Home contents insurance covers removable items if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen. This generally includes:

  • Furniture such as sofas, beds, dining tables, chairs etc
  • Paintings, antiques and ornaments
  • Clothing, jewellery & other personal items
  • Electrical items like TV’s, computers etc
  • Kitchenware items like large & small appliances

In the event of a claim, depending on your policy, your provider may pay out an agreed value, or replace old for new, so check your policy document carefully or talk to one of our expert insurance advisors to find the best deal.

Building & Contents Insurance

This insurance cover combines both building and contents cover in one policy as per the descriptions.

What is Not Covered by Home Insurance?

What is and is not covered by your home insurance can vary hugely, depending on the options you choose to include and your insurance provider, as they are all different; However, you must check your policy for exclusions carefully.

  • Normal wear and tear
  • Poor workmanship (by either yourself or a tradesman)
  • Damage caused by pests, such as birds or insects (this can include pets)
  • Acts of God (definition should be provided in your policy schedule)
  • Common exclusions for a contents insurance policy may include high value items.
  • Business equipment if you run a business from home.
  • Subletting your house

Difference in Comparison Sites and Nexus

Comparison sites will normally show you how little you need to spend on insurance, however, they cannot tell you the best value, particularly if you have high value or unusual items you may want to include under your policy.

All providers are different and our expert insurance advisors work only within their industry and are aware of the providers offerings.  They may also be aware of great deals from providers who do not advertise on price comparison websites.

For Property Owners

While you are not obligated to have home insurance on either the building or its contents, we recommend that you always protect your investment. Could you afford to rebuild if you lost everything to fire or flood? If the answer is no, then home insurance can offer true peace of mind.

For Landlords

Most experts agree that landlords need buildings insurance to protect their assets and, depending on your policy, this cover may include malicious damage by tenants. You must always check with your insurance provider or carefully read your policy.

For Rented Properties

If your property is rented, your Landlord will have the building insured, but the contents are your responsibility.

The Answers to your Home Insurance and Content Insurance Questions

This is not necessary if you are in a rented home. But if you fully own or have a mortgage, joint buildings and contents insurance is the most cost-effective way to insure your assets.

If the leak was caused by damage such as a storm or falling tree, then you may be covered. If it is caused by simple wear and tear, then probably not.  But if you have joint buildings & home contents cover, then anything damaged due to the leak (carpets, furnishings etc) may be covered depending on your policy. 

It is important that you tell your insurer if you are away from home frequently and for extended periods of time.  Most providers insurance will cover your home unattended up to thirty days, but should you leave your home unattended for extended periods or fail to tell them then this could invalidate any future claims.

This is usually an add-on extra with most home contents insurance policies.  It will cover you for accidental damage such as drilling through a water pipe or spilling red wine over your cream carpet. Most policies exclude damage caused by pets, but it is always wise to read carefully if your policy had accidental cover and if so what are the exclusions.

This is a set amount that you have agreed to pay towards any claim. Normally, the higher an excess, the lower the premium, but this should be balanced out by best value.

Sadly, most home insurance providers will not cover you against damage caused by pets.

Each of our Nexus advisers is an expert when it comes to insurance and has many contacts throughout the insurance industry to offer you the best advice and best value.

What People Are Saying About Us

Contact us
Speak to one of our dedicated consultants.
Call Us

Abu Dhabi: +971 2 626 66 69

Working Hours

8AM – 5PM, Monday to Friday.

Send Us a WhatsApp

Scan the below code with your phone to start a conversation.


Contact Us

Get in touch with us